Wednesday 23 June 2010

A long long journey to "Pearl of the Orient"


Malaysia maxicard - Malayan railways ( 22.06.2010)

During my four years of study in Penang Island( North of Malaysia), I used to travel to and fro home by train whenever there was a semester break. From my hometown in Johor( South of Malaysia), I would take the morning train to arrive in the evening at Kuala Lumpur( Central of Malaysia), where I continued my journey "in the dark" by taking a northbound train scheduled to reach Butterworth( in Penang State) at dawn. And proceeding from the railway station, at the nearby ferry terminal, I joined the crowd of early-risers to catch, not a glimpse of the twilight, but the earliest ferry heading to Penang Island, the beautiful "Pearl of the Orient", my destination. 

A journey over "land and sea"; a journey through "sunrise, sunset, dawn and dusk".....
May look beautiful in imaginary, this long train journey from south to north of Malaysia; well, in reality, what do you think?


* Penang is known as Pulau Pinang now.

0 comments: